We believe in staying close to consumers, and to our clients. In 2009 Promise introduced the Expert Forum to our range of co-creation products and events. The Expert Forum is a Promise sponsored session where we bring together consumers and industry experts to discuss and develop ideas around pertinent issues. The sessions last 3 hours and involve up to 30 participants.
We have found this to be a tremendously effective way to demonstrate the benefits of a co-creation approach in one 'quick hit'. Although we are discussing weighty topics, the diversity of the audiences and the use of our large group co-creation techniques have meant that the 2009 Forums have produced some fascinating results.
We believe strongly in participation and engagement being key in uncovering insights, but for those unable to make the session, we produce a report on the outputs from the day. This report also includes a more in depth analysis of the outputs and the drivers behind the response to our topic.
For more information on upcoming forums or to get hold of an existing Expert Forum Report, please contact Ben Hayman
Expert Forum reports available
- February 2012: The Top Co-created Consumer Trends for 2012. Do you know what your customers think the year ahead is going to hold? For a sneak preview read about The Key Insights for 2012 here.
- October 2011: The New Value - How can you make your brand more valuable to consumers? For a sneak preview read The New Value - Exhibition Catalogue or read Lilli's blog article.
- February 2011: The Top Co-created Consumer Trends for 2011. For a sneak preview read Lilli's blog series.
- June 2010: Understanding why people become brand advocates Opportunities for brands to engage with consumers through cultural activity. Read Arunima's blog post.
- March 2010: 10 Co-created Consumer Trends for 2010. For a sneak preview read Ben's blog post.
- July 2009: What role should the arts play in business? Opportunities for brands to engage with consumers through cultural activity. Read Arunima's blog post.
- May 2009: The post recession consumer. For a sneak preview read Ben's blog post.
- February 2009: Trust and the financial services sector. How can financial services brands re-engage with consumers?